Today marks the one month anniversary of San Francisco’s shelter-in-place order. We have faced unprecedented challenges, shifted our priorities, and redefined our day-to-day activities during this month.
These days and months shape our future as we consider many existential questions: where to allocate our time and energy, how to go about work and life, what problems to focus on solving.
One thing we do know: we want to show up for our community and help in any way that we can. With this in mind, we’ve created a list of things we can do to help right now. If you’re in a position to give—time, energy or money—please consider taking one of these actions to show up for your communities.
7 ways to help your community during these challenging times
1. Get food to those most in need — volunteer at SF Marin Food Bank.
2. Support a local restaurant by ordering takeout or delivery.
3. Feed school children — volunteer to distribute meals or donate food.
4. Support a local business — buy a gift card or shop their online store.
5. Shop at smile.amazon.com to support the non-profit of your choice.
6. Help your most at-risk neighbors — offer to pick up groceries.
7. Reach out! Pick up the phone or video chat someone you care about.
What are you doing to help out?
We’d love to know how you’re helping your community during this time of crisis. Drop us a line and let us know!